Forums Personality Romantics ENFP - Inspirer
  • Topic: What's your favorite MBTI type?

Back To Topics
    • December 5, 2012 4:11:56 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

What's your favorite MBTI type?

(saw this in another forum thought it would be interesting to hear from other ENFP'ers)

In your experience, what's your favorite MBTI type to date?

• December 10, 2012 8:16:52 AM PST
    • What's your favorite MBTI type?

I've been in a relationship before with an ENFP guy...and from the experience, I would say that INFPs and ENFPs make great friends. We love exploring, trying new things, being silly...but as boyfriend/girlfriend, INFP/ENFP couples don't work. Neither of us could resolve things when there was conflict, we were both too accomodating. Meanwhile (not surprisingly), passive-aggressiveness just kept growing until it was overwhelming.

I think what I can say for sure is that us NFP types need to date NJ types of some sort.

• December 10, 2012 1:43:27 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Yeah, I think you guys are both right from my personal experiences - an ENFP best fits with an xNxJ. Though I consider myself a "mature" ENFP - recognizing my inherent weaknesses and always trying to develop the skills to overcome them - I know it really helps to have a partner that's at least a "J" to help keep me on top of details and organization.

I think 'N' is required to have a partner that's not too rigid, can think about possibilities (enjoy doing so). I dated an ISFJ for several years and while she was a very sweet and loving woman, she seemed to have little interest in pondering life's bigger questions.

With the exception of one person my experiences with ISTJ's has been extraordinarily disappointing. I think I read someone type in the ENFPforum website that this type is like a soul sucker for ENFPs. I don't know if I agree with that but boy... they have a strong tendency of being closed minded. But to be fair, I think ENFPs frustrate ISTJs even more. ;)

As for xNFJ, my longest relationship was with one - which I suppose is positive in large part. There is definitely a natural pairing with some gotchas. I have noticed one frustrating detractor with her and other xNFJ friends is when the Feeling and Judging are particularly strong it is incredibly hard to reason with them. No matter how you state the "facts" they struggle empathizing with any point of view other than their own. Then if you toss in the "N" you get someone who is sometimes iNtuiting things that aren't remotely true based upon their Feelings and then coming down hard and decisively (J). So you end up having to defend yourself against accusations that come out of left field.

I probably just offended a lot of really nice xNFJs just now. ;) So I welcome any thoughts on how I might better interpret interactions with them.

I do wonder about xNTJ (esp INTJ's) - the few female ones I do know are remarkably easy to both converse and reason with. But simultaneously the two I know seem cold and removed - less capable of the warmth and affection that FJ's seem to be readily capable of.

So proving that I am a "P" - I decisively have *not* figured out what my favorite MBTI type is. ;)

This post was edited by Alejandro at December 20, 2017 9:48:00 AM PST
    • December 15, 2012 6:46:23 AM PST

Alejandro said:
      Yeah, I think you guys are both right from my personal experiences - an ENFP best fits with an xNxJ. Though I consider myself a "mature" ENFP - recognizing my inherent weaknesses and always trying to develop the skills to overcome them - I know it really helps to have a partner that's at least a "J" to help keep me on top of details and organization. I think 'N' is required to have a partner that's not too rigid, can think about possibilities (enjoy doing so). I dated an ISFJ for several years and while she was a very sweet and loving woman, she seemed to have little interest in pondering life's bigger questions. With the exception of one person my experiences with ISTJ's has been extraordinarily disappointing. I think I read someone type in the ENFPforum website that this type is like a soul sucker for ENFPs. I don't know if I agree with that but boy... they have a strong tendency of being closed minded. But to be fair, I think ENFPs frustrate ISTJs even more. ;) As for xNFJ, my longest relationship was with one - which I suppose is positive in large part. There is definitely a natural pairing with some gotchas. I have noticed one frustrating detractor with her and other xNFJ friends is when the Feeling and Judging are particularly strong it is incredibly hard to reason with them. No matter how you state the "facts" they struggle empathizing with any point of view other than their own. Then if you toss in the "N" you get someone who is sometimes iNtuiting things that aren't remotely true based upon their Feelings and then coming down hard and decisively (J). So you end up having to defend yourself against accusations that come out of left field. I probably just offended a lot of really nice xNFJs just now. ;) So I welcome any thoughts on how I might better interpret interactions with them. I do wonder about xNTJ (esp INTJ's) - the few female ones I do know are remarkably easy to both converse and reason with. But simultaneously the two I know seem cold and removed - less capable of the warmth and affection that FJ's seem to be readily capable of. So proving that I am a "P" - I decisively have *not* figured out what my favorite MBTI type is. ;)

omg, I know about ISFJs...yea, you definitely can't date SJ types if your primary cognitive function is N of any sort. I think ENFPs get along well with both INFJs and INTJs. INTJs women are hard to find, not because they don't exist, but because they (mistakenly?) think they are are only attractive to guys who are as introverted and intellectual as they are. That's what my INTJ bff is like at least. You ENFPs need to reach out to them!

• December 21, 2012 5:04:06 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I find pretty much all N types fascinating. My boyfriend and I are both ENFPs, and so is one of my good friends, and when we see each other we literally just don't stop talking until we're too exhausted to speak anymore. I think I find ENFJs less easy, just because they are socially assertive I think I get a bit intimidated by that. Whereas ENFPs are more like "OMG, HI". I have a lot of male INFP friends who I really get on with, and more recently I've found myself forming really deep friendshops with INFJs, although I do find the icy exterior a bit disconcerting. One of my good friends at the moment is an INFJ I met through doing a homeless network (typical, right?) and he's so funny. Like, he understands so much about philosophy and politics and stuff, but he's not all that interested in people. Like, I'm really into finding out who people are and what makes them tick, but he's just not and I always find it really bizaare. I wonder if it's the extroverted/introverted thing? Both he and my close INFP friend are just wonderfully original people though. I really value the different perspectives they give me on things.

NTs I also find really interesting and have fun engaging with, but unfortunately I can find them a bit cold, which frustrates me sometimes. When having big political chats about world issues, I do find my INTJ friend over rationalising things which need a bit more social understanding and empathy. He is great chat though, and very clever which I really admire in a person.

I don't think I really get on very well with S types. Not, don't get on, just don't get. At best, they find me a bit odd and I find them a bit...not limited, but not able to see the bigger picture/think outside of what's in front of them? At worst, I know an ESFP who I like but we just clash all the time. He gets frustrates with me not always being completely aware of the world around me, and I get frustrated by his inability to view the world as it could/should be. He's also manipulative - though as I understand it, that's an ESFP at their worst, which is also a criticism to be made of ENFPs.

so yeah NFs first, NTs second and then all the S types, I guess.

• December 25, 2012 4:01:26 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

As an ENFP I would most likely choose ENFP, INFJ, INFP, well, any NF for a friend, but for a date it would be INTJ, becouse I find them fascinating (I'm a bit of sapiosexual :)).

So, it's like Upsideteacup said: NF first, NT second... and STJ's comes last.

But if I had to choose just one type it would definitely be INTP.

• The following users say thanks to Sanja for this useful post:
    • January 24, 2013 7:00:32 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I would date INTP, INFJ, or INTJ most likely. I got an ENTP friend who is super hilarious. My roommate is ISTP and his wife is INTP and they are pretty cool people. I tend to stray from ENFJ, ENTJ.

• January 25, 2013 2:40:35 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Trikalaptops - I know a few ESTJs and couldn't imagine having relationship with them (of course, the majority of them are males), it would be a real "clash" on perspectives of the world.

Sanja - INTP is an interesting match for ENFPs. Don't know any female INTPs, but have a couple of male INTP friends I get along well with.

Ozam2988 - Why do you think an ENFP should stay away from ENFJ's? I have my opinion that's only been immaturely informed on one ENFJ woman I know. What are your thoughts? Curious...

In a work relationship, I get along amazingly well with two ENTJs who report to me. They are easy to rationalize with, discuss concepts openly and work with decisively. However, I could see in a relationship role they might be the types that needs to either be the "Commander" or the commanded - not the egalitarian mindset I believe most ENFPs have for relationships.

• January 26, 2013 12:16:05 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I have never dated an ESFJ but I'm attracted to them. Their extraverted feeling makes up for my complete lack of it. I've never met an INTP woman knowingly but I would REALLY like the chance to meet (and date) one.

This post was edited by craig at January 26, 2013 12:16:34 PM PST
    • February 4, 2013 2:59:43 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

@Alejandro, I dated an ENFJ for a couple years. She was quick to judge and liked to complain about everything. Couldn't reason about things really. Not open minded as much as me. Drove me crazy. She was Co-Dependent and pretty clingy. Didn't understand that I needed time to recharge my brain (since we are the most introverted of the extroverts.) Although I do get along with ENFJ's friend wise but not in relationships. I am drawn to other ENFPs and INFJ's. Curious about INTPs since they are most likely gonna be the gamer chicks.

• February 5, 2013 1:25:11 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Oh she would just complain about anything really. Food not tasting good enough, or anything. She was quite the judge as well. Got on my nerves. Cant really remember too much anymore. It was toxic. She tried to get back together with me a year after that and I was like NOPE, chuck testa. Kind of hard to believe she was an NF. But she was def expressive and her feelings would come out like a boiling tea pot. That lead Fe. Thats not that bad though, I dated an ENTJ for a year and that is probably the worst pair ever for ENFP.

• February 6, 2013 11:43:16 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Ozman - your experience is similar to the one experience I have had with a female ENFJ that works with me. Very challenging to rationalize with, quickly jumps to defensive conclusions (which turn offensive) and it's very hard to talk her down from an agitated state.

This post was edited by Alejandro at February 6, 2013 2:38:18 PM PST
    • April 5, 2013 6:25:00 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Edit: Whoops! New here. Didn't realize this was an ENFP thread.

As an INTP, I'm not very compatible at all... But romantically, the only men that have really caught my attention were assumed ISTPs.

As friends, I think any of the rational categories would work out... But as an 18 year old college student, I don't actually know many rational people.

This post was edited by Sierra0023 at January 2, 2016 3:56:34 AM PST
    • April 28, 2013 12:05:28 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I've heard that your opposite is actually the most compatible. This is because their strengths are your weaknesses and vice versa. You're opposites but in a way that is complementary. In socionics this is called a dual relationship.

For me that would be an ESTP and I have found this to be very true. It's an amazing feeling to be with someone who appreciates your strengths and wants to help to make up for and support your weaknesses. The conversation is great too!

• October 6, 2013 2:18:26 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Easily esfps are my fave (romantically)

• October 18, 2013 5:25:05 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

INFPs are our instant best friends! so are the INFJs
      my best best friend is an ISTJ though :D

• October 25, 2013 2:51:16 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Easy choice:
      INTP's.

"Let me just stare at that wonderfully beautiful brain of yours." <3

While meeting a new person who is INTP, if we have ANY common
      ideologies / morals / values / goals, they will be my new best friend.
      The INTP's who know me well have told me that I am very special to them.
      I inspire them, they can trust me, and we connect on a very deep level.

It would be nice to get to know some INTJ's, since they seem to be a big favorite for lots of ENFP's :)

• The following users say thanks to Emie for this useful post:
    • November 3, 2013 1:35:59 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

i prefer sexual-social or sexual-secure ESFPs! as my experience they make me crazy, talkative, passionate and supportive! and they drive me to develop my weakness functions and behavior!

• November 9, 2013 1:23:08 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I have been on dates with a few MBTIs. My absolute favourite is the INTJ.

There is no greater aphrodisiac than multifaceted conversation!

This post was edited by MoonGoddess at November 9, 2013 1:33:22 AM PST
    • November 19, 2013 7:42:41 PM PST

INFPs are my fave type to hang out with and are my closest friends. Never dated one though.

ESTPs are pretty sexy and ISTPs are pretty crushable because of their aloofness. NTs are my secret geeky crush (though I guess not so secret anymore).

• December 2, 2013 10:53:52 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Alejandro said:
      Ozman - your experience is similar to the one experience I have had with a female ENFJ that works with me. Very challenging to rationalize with, quickly jumps to defensive conclusions (which turn offensive) and it's very hard to talk her down from an agitated state.

see, you guys' experiences have been very different from mine. there's something that i should explain, though, in that the only ENFJ women that i've ever met were all also aries. i'm an aquarian, and for whatever reason, aries women and i tend to get along very well. anyway, with these ENFJ aries women, we always get along well, but they're more interested in me than i am in them. the sex can be good, but i tend to find them boring, at some point; they just seem sort of corny, usually. i don't know another way to put it, really. they seem to be a little too entertained by things that aren't all that novel, as far as i see it, and it makes me feel like they can't contribute as much to my growth. this is all based on just a few ladies, and they all have the arien thing in common, so there's that, but the dynamic with each of them has been very, very oddly similar.

• December 2, 2013 10:54:27 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Alejandro said:

see, you guys' experiences have been very different from mine. there's something that i should explain, though, in that the only ENFJ women that i've ever met were all also aries. i'm an aquarian, and for whatever reason, aries women and i tend to get along very well. anyway, with these ENFJ aries women, we always get along well, but they're more interested in me than i am in them. the sex can be good, but i tend to find them boring, at some point; they just seem sort of corny, usually. i don't know another way to put it, really. they seem to be a little too entertained by things that aren't all that novel, as far as i see it, and it makes me feel like they can't contribute as much to my growth. this is all based on just a few ladies, and they all have the arien thing in common, so there's that, but the dynamic with each of them has been very, very oddly similar.

• December 2, 2013 11:01:46 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

aimee said:
      I've heard that your opposite is actually the most compatible. This is because their strengths are your weaknesses and vice versa. You're opposites but in a way that is complementary. In socionics this is called a dual relationship. For me that would be an ESTP and I have found this to be very true. It's an amazing feeling to be with someone who appreciates your strengths and wants to help to make up for and support your weaknesses. The conversation is great too!

i see that Ns and Ss tend to hang out together, though. so hypothetically, i think that part stays the same. for ENFP, INTJ could be their ideal. but like some of the other ENFPs, i think that i might prefer INFJ. for me, INFJ, INTJ, and ENFP are all in a pretty close race, with INFP not far behind. i've had great luck with INFP, despite what some others are saying. their inward feeling can be an obstacle for me; they care about people and other people's feelings, but they're consumed by their own feelings. as an ENFP, i always find myself aware of what everyone else is feeling, and being attentive to that. i find that INFJ, INTJ, and INFP also seem to just ignore what people say, sometimes, and for some reason, that can be a little irritating to me, sometimes, but i figure that i just need to continue to get better about that; obviously no one's entitled to anything from anyone.

• December 24, 2013 6:17:57 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

My own, of course :-) Oh wait, this is an enfp forum. The more I read, the more fascinated I am.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel