• Thanks
      • Rep

Feeling men, true or false:

second try:

• November 21, 2013 1:30:22 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I can say for the male part the awful truth is correct. [ENFP] The brain just tries to rationalise good and bad stuff abou tthe relationship, when it's the feeling that makes the dicisions. As far as i know, INTP's have it too but their rationlising is waayy heavier when they actually are in love :3

• November 22, 2013 8:47:47 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I don't think this is true. Not for me, anyway. But then again, I've been accused of thinking quite feminine, so I might not fall exactly in alignment with most.

This post was edited by BearyDiverse at December 29, 2015 3:10:25 AM PST
    • November 23, 2013 7:12:07 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I dont think it's fair to generalize men and women in relationships, it all depends on the person. I know for myself the female part is true when it comes to dating or relationships early on, but with actual love i think for the most part INTPs follow their hearts, rationalizing things in favor of how we feel

• February 13, 2014 6:23:56 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Infj And i am Demisexual and mostly think with my heart and the connection i have with said person.

• December 11, 2014 1:22:24 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

True love is heart to heart. Anything else is just feigning love.

• June 28, 2015 3:44:06 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I'm confused OP. Are you saying Men are incapable of feeling emotions? Incapable of understanding love?

Love isn't a thing you read in a book. Its a work of effort, it requires two people in order to create.

Loving someone for who they are is not simple as loving a pet dog or loving your workplace. When you are with someone and in love, you are that person. You become their shield, their tool, their weapon against their enemies, their fortress, their most trusted companion.

Understanding love requires hard work, tears, and trust, from both parties, not just one.

This post was edited by DanGonzo632 at June 30, 2015 7:30:10 PM PDT
    • June 30, 2015 7:52:04 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I am also unclear on whether we are discussing if a man can feel, or if he thinks about love. For me it is yes on both accounts. Although I would consider myself highly in tune with my emotions and capable of immense feeling, love has never been about emotions or feelings for me. I'm not sure if my current views on love stem from not really experiencing an intimate relationship (despite being married for seven years) or if this is really how I feel, but love has been very mechanical for me. This is not to say that it is without emotions or feelings, that wouldn't be true at all and I have always wanted to share both the outer and my inner world with my ex-wife. I now view love as simply a conscious choice to prioritize my mate's wants, needs, desires before my own since if all of the positive reinforcement normally found in a functioning relationship were absent, I still have a duty to do my part and provide for my wife's needs.

The affection, emotional response and richly rewarding feeling seem to me to be nothing more than the icing on the cake and God's intent when creating the man woman pair. Said another way, they are the evidence and natural result of a loving and fulfilling relationship, for my type anyway. lol

• December 29, 2015 3:15:11 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

As a whipper-snapper in the Paleozoic era I was the left side. Now, in 2015, being in tune with myself, self aware (?), my emotions I Only desire the right. For me, the left side can happen, but now my physiology is tied to my heart. So odd because that's like blasphemy in this age of immediate gratification of hyper-sensuality.

• April 9, 2016 9:08:24 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Actually newguy12 and DanGonzo632, my view is that the person who made the image is attacking women for "thinking about love", and I was wondering if anyone shared the feeling that women (generally) would be calculating about love.

• January 16, 2019 12:31:16 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

The way that I interpret the photo you provided and are asking about, at least in my case is false. The reason I say this is because I know that I don't think like most men and interestingly enough have even been told by others that I think and behave in a very feminine manner. Is sex wonderful? It can be a soul-bonding experience yes but it shouldn't define a relationship. I don't do this often but I'll share a personal experience of mine with you to maybe help you understand. The first girlfriend I dated had to make the first 'move' on me before I did because I took six months of wanting to get to know her, her family, what she wanted in life and to develop our chemistry between each other. I think about chemistry and recognize genuine gestures of romantic interest first, then when I'm sure she is the real deal I begin thinking about things like living arrangements, family, investments, etc. Sex is a thought that is usually on the back burner with me. I can't speak for all males or all INFJ males specifically but for me that is how I operate and to be honest, I'm proud of it.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel