Forums Personality Rationals ENTJ - Executive
  • Topic: ENTJ and INTP romance

Back To Topics
    • June 29, 2014 8:35:27 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ and INTP romance

The ideal match for an INTP is an ENTJ (hopefully the reverse is equally true) but I don't believe I'm met an ENTJ so I have no idea why a relationship with one would be good, or what the barriers would be. Has anyone ever dated an INTP?

• September 4, 2014 12:35:07 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ and INTP romance

I'm an INTP who has dated an ENTJ. She and I had many shared interests and the conversation was interesting but she rarely had time to go out and kept trying to make every date a social event. However, we did work together very well when she was in charge and I took care of the details. If you're a woman and into traditional gender roles, I can see how that kind of arrangement might work for you.

• December 10, 2014 9:00:29 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ and INTP romance

I was married to ENTJ. Long before I knew about MBTI. This was my longest relationship - at the end still didn't work out. I drove him crazy with my lack of planning. He drove me crazy with always wanting to know what's a plan. I don't have a plan!

• February 26, 2015 12:41:11 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ and INTP romance

I've never really had a relationship with an INTP - I only knew of one and she was quite a broken individual who was far too opinionated and narrow-minded for me to handle.

ENTJ's like control and planning - they respect and appreciate those who trust them with this. If you trust an ENTJ with the big stuff and focus on the other 'between the lines' things that are smaller you'll stand out and be what they are looking for. Being submissive is a prerequisite when I look for a girl because I know (and I don't mean to sound arragant) that any woman trying to be assertive, dominant and not taking into account the way my brain adapts to a multitude of situations they are simply ignorant (applies to male social interactions too). When interacting with an ENTJ they are learning everything about you, and are doing it ten times quicker than the pace in which they learnt it. So if someone thinks they immediately know more than the ENTJ he/she will quickly get up to speed and challenge some interesting questions as a part of their learning process. This sometimes gets them into trouble. This also highlights the kind of person that is not a good partner for an ENTJ - as they can't keep up with the ENTJ and neither do they respect him.

A great partner for an ENTJ is one who can see this. Those who cannot typically cause problems for the ENTJ.

My perspective and from my experience anyway.

• January 2, 2016 3:34:12 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ and INTP romance

im a INTP....i was mistyped as an ENTP (my own fault) for far too long.....chased infjs and drove them crazy....

so question is where to find entjs??

• January 6, 2016 10:28:07 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ and INTP romance

I keep hearing how INTP are ideal for ENTJ. I've been on a date with one and while it was intellectually stimulating, he was way too flighty and he thought I was too intense. I also hear about INFP/ENTJ compatibility; I can only imagine how being with someone leading with Fi would drive me crazy. I've gotten along best with other NJ types.

• February 4, 2017 9:38:23 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ and INTP romance

I have a suspicion that INTP - ENTJ matches work better when the ENTJ would be the male and the INTP would be the female (presuming we're talking about heterosexual relationships). No offense intended to those who might be same sex attracted nor egalitarian minded folks.. Am speaking in terms of traditional societal roles.

• September 8, 2018 5:15:56 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ and INTP romance

My INTP experience was mostly positive. We had many cultural differences that caused conflict and eventually she returned to her country for family reasons.

My advice to other ENTJs is you must relax more about the nuisance of daily life. Most things don't need a plan. Make spontaneity the plan more often. If your intimate partner wanted a military leader, then s/he would be in the military. Spontaneity will provide you unforeseeable riches to discover along the way. Go explore!

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel