Forums Personality Rationals ENTP - Inventor
  • Topic: Where to meet ENTPS

Back To Topics
    • May 16, 2015 9:12:07 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

Anyone know where ENTPs can be found in real life? I'm particularly interested in meeting female ENTPS; I'm not sure I've ever met one.

• May 17, 2015 3:56:33 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

Well. I am ENTP, but not female. I suppose we ENTPs can be found in places where people tend to be. Many ENTPs tend to be curious and adventurous, often entrepeneurs, people who create things, etc. So you might check places those people congregate. Female ENTPs are significantly less common than males unfortunately, but they do exist.

• The following users say thanks to VanceBaryn for this useful post:
    • May 17, 2015 1:40:53 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

Personally, I go to pretty much every free event everywhere -- almost indiscriminately. And I'm usually by myself because my friends don't go outside.
      But when I'm by myself or not otherwise invited to be someone's center of attention, I'm generally really boring and indistinct.
      The most ENTPs I know I met through competitive Pokémon.

• The following users say thanks to Rashe for this useful post:
    • May 17, 2015 6:24:42 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

I'm an ENTP--but way too old for you ;) i may be able to answer a question...?

• May 17, 2015 7:56:14 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

Rashe said:
      Personally, I go to pretty much every free event everywhere -- almost indiscriminately. And I'm usually by myself because my friends don't go outside. But when I'm by myself or not otherwise invited to be someone's center of attention, I'm generally really boring and indistinct. The most ENTPs I know I met through competitive Pokémon.

Very interesting to hear. I'm still trying to decide if competitive pokemon was meant tongue in cheek, or to take it at face value. :)

• May 17, 2015 8:22:11 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

ambivert92165 said:
      I'm an ENTP--but way too old for you ;) i may be able to answer a question...?

Thanks. As a female ENTP, if you weren't where you are, where would you be? OR, if you wouldn't be there, where are you now?

• May 19, 2015 4:15:59 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

I wish I knew a female ENTP that I could 'extrapolate from' to predict where you'd be likely to find other female ENTPs. I know a male ENTP, and he'll pretty much go to anything he's invited to. So I guess mimicking their behaviour and going to everything you're invited to would be one of the best ways to meet them?

• The following users say thanks to Cyanara for this useful post:
    • May 19, 2015 8:05:45 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

Personally, I will not go to just "anything I'm invited to." I will only go to events/functions I'm obligated to go to or very interested in. I am more likely to be found sitting in the back corner of a book store with a cup of coffee and a stack of very random non-fiction books--but I am only 1-2% extrovert. I do not like "chit-chat" and usually go straight to the heart of mostly serious issues when in conversations with others, which is extremely disconcerting and uncomfortable for most of the female population. My students, however, love and appreciate it (once they get used to it and realize that's really how I think). They say I am "straight up," "real talk," and "keepin' it real." ha
      P.S. Red5--the question you asked me is not the kind of question an ENTP would enjoy answering...we are very pragmatic. Where we are is where we are. If we wanted to be somewhere else, we would be. ;)

• May 20, 2015 3:50:55 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

you sound more like an INTP, ambivert92165 :). I did mean it in a positive way. I wish I had the 'social will' to go to everything I was invited to and be more outgoing.

• May 20, 2015 4:33:12 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

I am fairly gregarious, actually--can "talk to a fence post" as we say down here in Mississippi...but I do vascillate between "I" and "E" depending on the day/mood...

• May 24, 2015 5:50:51 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

My experience: Start-up social events. They like both tech and parties.

• The following users say thanks to maku for this useful post:
    • June 16, 2015 11:05:13 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

I may be a little late here, and this is undoubtedly more anecdotal than scientific, but when I was in college, I was always out--either at class, or the gym, or the bars (and, in true ENTP form, I was an undergrad for 7 years because I changed majors 4 times haha). But I would say to find an ENTP girl at a bar, go to a dive bar or a bar that has pool tables or darts or something competitive to do. At least for me, I love to compete and exercise my verbal skills by (playfully) berating whichever male felt like he was up to the challenge--never mean-spirited, just a fun battle of smack-talking wits. If he could stand up to it and dish it back just as well, he might have had a chance :). I think you could tell me apart from other girls because I was usually only with my one good girl friend (an ENFP :)) and a bunch of guy friends--who, in hindsight, were probably trying to get with one/either/both of us but my BFF wasn't interested/was just enjoying the attention and I was totally oblivious (Apparently what I perceive to be friendly and "joking around" behavior is perceived by others as flirting. Thankfully my Fe is more developed now then it was back then) Although, despite the fact that I was actually single, I guess the "being-surrounded-by-guys" thing probably made me seem unapproachable or taken.

• The following users say thanks to jessj1483 for this useful post:
    • June 23, 2015 9:03:26 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

I like a little bit of everything. Sporting events, concerts, lectures, adventures, bookstores.... I think the main advice I have for an INFJ is to not be afraid to put yourself out there. ENTPs aren't as keen as reading people as you are, but we aren't bad either. We can sense something in your INFJ/INTJs and will usually try to learn more about you. One of the first things I look for is humor. Be light, be casual. We will be attracted.

• The following users say thanks to breezyfm for this useful post:
    • June 23, 2015 10:43:12 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

jessj1483 said:
      I may be a little late here, and this is undoubtedly more anecdotal than scientific, but when I was in college, I was always out--either at class, or the gym, or the bars (and, in true ENTP form, I was an undergrad for 7 years because I changed majors 4 times haha). But I would say to find an ENTP girl at a bar, go to a dive bar or a bar that has pool tables or darts or something competitive to do. At least for me, I love to compete and exercise my verbal skills by (playfully) berating whichever male felt like he was up to the challenge--never mean-spirited, just a fun battle of smack-talking wits. If he could stand up to it and dish it back just as well, he might have had a chance :). I think you could tell me apart from other girls because I was usually only with my one good girl friend (an ENFP :)) and a bunch of guy friends--who, in hindsight, were probably trying to get with one/either/both of us but my BFF wasn't interested/was just enjoying the attention and I was totally oblivious (Apparently what I perceive to be friendly and "joking around" behavior is perceived by others as flirting. Thankfully my Fe is more developed now then it was back then) Although, despite the fact that I was actually single, I guess the "being-surrounded-by-guys" thing probably made me seem unapproachable or taken.

I just thought it was interesting that you said you changed your major 4 times. I have too... basically a lifelong undergrad student. Problem with being an ENTP....we like too many things.

• June 23, 2015 6:38:31 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

I like your puppy pic. Not anymore. Wait, I do again. Na, into cats now. Actually cats are a little too independant. Back to dogs. F*&* it, buying a farm now. Selling said farm as too much like hard work. Make a profit though! Buying a dog and a cat, and a hamster! #itshardbeingENTPattimes!

• June 24, 2015 8:31:46 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

Jessj1483--my dearest, oldest (and sometimes I think only) friend is an ENFP, too. That's interesting, isn't it? We have been best friends for 30 years now. :) And I was like you--always smack-talking and surrounded by guys. :) I don't think they ever quite knew what to think of me...female ENTP's are unusual and intriguing. Wish I'd known then what know now ;)

• November 25, 2017 9:35:41 AM PST
    • Where to meet ENTPS

Ah, I have to suggest dating sites. Startups is a great place to find them, but what you actually want to find I assume are single and looking ENTP women. And besides, finding an ENTP woman in a startup, then dating them, and then maybe it not working out...awkward work environment.

I'd echo what ambivert92165 said. ENTP and INFJ are very ambivert. You can't really go by just the E & I.

• January 2, 2018 3:01:43 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where to meet ENTPS

ENTP women can be found anywhere, but places allowing for inventive stuff, debating, marketing jobs give a good chance. There are quite some in business and unconventional jobs.

ENTP women can be recognized by:

- direct in conversation
      - dont speak in very emotional ways
      - do may appeal to your emotions, either consciously or subsconsciously
      - can be quite blunt
      - can quickly respond to theories, ideas, dont need a lot of time to consider and respond (typically NE)
      - openminded when it comes to unconventional ideas
      - more often have a sense of humor than other women
      - often quick witted
      - like to debate, are full of ideas
      - brainstorm aloud, so you can follow their thinking steps
      - logical, but may seem random to SJ types
      - often more on the androgynous side mentally
      - are quite independant
      - will more likely to come with solutions and sympathy than empathy when you come to them with a problem

Their dating profiles and profiles on sites are probably recognised by beeing direct, but may have a slick sauce of ENTP marketing over it.

When I write profiles I tend to keep in mind how the message will be read by the targetted receiver, and how they will most likely interpretate it. I try to imagine which things they find important to know about, and how to present it, as opposed to only saying what I want. Depending on where it's posted it may contain elements to discourage certain people from responding, which may be placed in the picture section to make sure its seen. (darth vader is great to disencourage sensors, so are personality theory schematics) I also like to game search engines, matching systems, etc, because why not optimalize your exposure. Most matching systems are not written having ENTP women looking for inituitive guys in mind. Systems exist to be cheated.

While many ENTP will not use such strategies on dating sites, if the profile uses a tactic based on the search system or cheats the matching system, you are most likely dealing with an ENTP or sometimes INTP.

This post was edited by Sleepthief at February 6, 2018 10:37:02 PM PST

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel