Forums Personality Romantics INFJ - Counselor
  • Topic: How does it feel to be an INFJ man?

Back To Topics
    • December 29, 2015 3:06:33 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

How does it feel to be an INFJ man?

I'd say about 97% of the time (that's being generous) I feel like Matt Damon, The Martian, but on earth. I feel fulfilled, enlivened, kinda complete when I use my 'gifts' to serve others. I share their reward of being understood and sharing their burden that they have or question they've been pondering for God knows how long. I still struggle to compose my emotions when the energy or essence of a person, family, thought or situation diffuses into me which in turn needless to say is awkward. Simultaneously, I don't care because of the appreciation in my heart to been given the opportunity to co-mingle with such an experience.

• February 9, 2016 6:35:18 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I often feel like an outsider experiencing an alternate reality. On rare occasions I meet someone similar and it feels like coming home. I spend time alone to collect my thoughts and reflect. I can be extroverted when the need arises, but it takes a lot of energy. I prefer small intimate gatherings when social, wear out quickly and feel the need to escape at larger events and parties. I gain insights when spending time with people and once in a great while I sense something about a person and we just look at each other for a bit. I'd like to talk about these things with that person, but it's awkward and I know that it will make them feel uncomfortable, so I'll wait for another time and try to reach them then. The women I've fallen for have all been the result of an intuitive sense about them first, then much later finding out that they all have shared similar traits and life experiences. I'm very selective of who I trust to share myself with, but as I get older I'm beginning to be more open, probably because I'm more secure in myself and their reactions aren't as threatening as they once were.

• January 15, 2018 12:58:30 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Being and INFJ male is an adventure, usually a lonely one, at least in my case. I understand people iinstinctually but am often let down by them. I have Passionate relationships with women that end in a lot of disappointment and often ugliness due to loosing control of the emotional side and lashing out because I feel so wounded at a very base (i would say soul) level. It's hard to get myself to open up and take a chance on someone yet I find myself very lonely at times due to my hesitation to do so. Being highly intelligent on top of things leads me to analyze, often too much, what peoples motives may be and where I fit into the puzzle of life. I am content in my distractions but not truely happy. Being single makes me feel like I am missing out on my purpose in life yet at times I am happier not dealing with the complexity and potential hurt of a relationship. I hold out hope for finding "The One" for me but at times wonder if I already did and screwed it up.

• January 27, 2018 11:55:29 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

In short completly insane, imaginative, artsy by nature, curiosity will kill me some day..., severe drives, was a lonner 99% of the time and prefered it when it comes to many people...fk it I don't like people in general, but since I've met my other half...exploring new field of myself. Spent most of my days trying to understand myself and everything around me, so I have aquired a lengthy understanding and openmindness.

• July 31, 2018 10:21:24 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

The guys who have said they feel like a "Stranger in a Strange Land" I think have it right. A true INFJ male isn't comfortable in this world. It's like being a '3D' person in a land of '2D' people - cardboard cut-out without real substance. Dating is a problem, because no 'normal' woman is capable of seeing the real 'you', and forming a close emotional bond difficult or impossible. Most disregard you as 'odd', and attraction is never mutual. You are a great 'friend' but never, never seen as a potential lover. Since you have to have attraction and a close emotional bond for sex that becomes a barrier that's almost impossible to overcome. Despite that I've been married twice and in both cases it turned out they were more interested in what I could give them and not in me as a person at all. Though they voiced all that at the start of the relationships, the truth came out later. Stop being able to be the 'gravy train' and suddenly you find yourself alone. Or worse (one wife tried to kill me for the insurance). So it's no laugh, and I think those that pretend to be an INFJ male are idiots. True INFJ males are lonely not as much by choice but because they want a depth few women can or are able to provide.

• September 6, 2018 10:46:35 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

As if to illustrate the paradoxical nature of an INFJ, I simultaneously embrace and curse my type. Never am I more infatuated with my functions than when I'm alone and able to revel in them completely and without interruption, embarrassment, or judgement (I judge myself enough for the entire population of earth, thank you). Inject me into the outside world where I'm habitually unable to share my wholeness to the positive reception of anyone and I immediately become disdainful of my makeup. I can play the game and be fun, likable, humorous, consoling, and counseling but the entirety of my external existence is hollow and meaningless and without true, authentic passion. To maintain the facade is to be generally accepted and secure relationships - shallow though they may be - but to be true to myself is to risk widespread rejection and criticism and invite ostracizing. I've conditioned myself to believe that loneliness by choice is far better than the same by force.

• January 16, 2019 12:02:27 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

This post was edited by ProtectorOfLove at January 16, 2019 12:04:14 PM PST
    • January 16, 2019 12:02:30 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

In one word - (Lonely) I often feel like an old soul that is trapped in another dimension where I continuously feel... Disassociated and disconnected with the vast majority of the people that I choose to interact with. My introversion and seclusion was much worse when I was younger. After having time to mature, reflect, and appreciate what I do have I have come to understand that my place in this world will be cemented in one of two ways: either I will become a part of a greater humanitarian effort to help as many people as I can or the darkness that exists within me will lead me to a path of death and destruction. It's difficult to describe the constant-roaring tsunami of energy and emotions that makes up the duality that exists within me but I'm sure most of us simply just want to feel understood and loved by those we choose to show ourselves to. Modern advancements and heavy reliance in technology as well as a fickle developing society that embraces temporary flings and disregards things such as appreciation of natural environments and the value of relationships that hold meaning and family often leaves us feeling very isolated and lonely as I said before. In the end, we are left with the decision to choose between becoming a part of a society that we do not believe or truly associate with or to remain in solitude and have hope that someday we will find what we are looking for. After all, I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel