Forums Personality Romantics INFJ - Counselor
  • Topic: Why would an INFJ man not be monogamous?

Back To Topics
    • December 29, 2015 3:19:15 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Why would an INFJ man not be monogamous?

You know why I'm asking if you're INFJ :) Serious question though and relatively tough in the age of social media where technology actually disconnects even more (in my opinion).

• March 3, 2016 10:52:14 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

-deleted

This post was edited by Krishnan at March 3, 2016 10:52:34 AM PST
    • June 25, 2016 7:59:47 PM PDT
    • Why would an INFJ man not be monogamous?

IDGI although im not male.

• June 4, 2017 8:11:46 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Well I've never cheated in my life but I came the closest I ever have with my recent ex. I really wanted to make our relationship work and I felt like we were right for each other in so many ways but it just wasn't enough for me. I found myself looking outside of the relationship for someone new online but I told the girl pretty much immediately (within the first day) that I already had a girlfriend and that I didn't intend to cheat, also no I never really intended to but I know myself, I was very unhappy. The fact that I was looking at all signaled to me I just needed to come clean and let her go no matter how much it killed me. I don't technically consider it cheating since all we ever did was talk but that isn't how she saw it. Cheating really isn't in my nature but then nether are casual flings, just finding someone to date is a total pita.

So to answer your question I think perhaps if an infj is in a committed relationship with someone they truly love, but incredibly unhappy they may end up cheating as a desperate attempt to get out.

• July 11, 2017 6:47:11 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Well, I had a conversation like this yesterday, with other INFJ's. Most would be monogamous though, because we don't want to hurt anyone. But sometimes, I guess you can drive INFJ's that far.
      I think an INFJ can cheat on someone, when they aren't together with their soulmate/someone they really click with and don't have a satisfying relationship ( maybe they don't really know about it or are lying to themselves)... and then someone else shows up who is their soulmate/with who it clicks.

Or the other way around, that your soulmate is not available to enter into a relationship. So you are just like... searching for this connection, but you can't find it with only one?

but explain monogamous. So IMO you're together and in a relationship with someone, the moment the both of you decide you are, and you have kissed the other. But like Schanady explained, if you're only talking with someone, you're not cheating. You cheat when you do it on purpose, and kiss someone else than your partner on the mouth.

but as someone cheats, I doubt the relationship will be left standing. Because in the end, I think an INFJ wants to be monogamous.

Unless.. you are raised into the believe that you are polygamous. If your examples/teachers/parents are polygamous, I guess an INFJ will become polygamous as well, to not feel like they are alone or hurting people by turning your back on traditions?

• February 13, 2020 10:55:39 PM PST
    • Why would an INFJ man not be monogamous?

As INFJ i can think to have multiple wives, but everything would have to be under the sun. No hiding ever for me.

Just like a parent you can have muliple kids to take care of, I could have multiple wives.

Would be more a "daddy" thing than a "soulmate". :/

But the problem is: They would be happy? Their jealousy would not risk to ruin everything?

Because i need peace, i would avoid to risk. :)

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel