Forums Dating & Relationships Dating & Relationships
  • Topic: 'stincts

Back To Topics
    • May 8, 2016 12:38:11 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

'stincts

How do feel your instincts interact with your MBTI type? Is there a reason you think your instincts describe you more clearly? What set of instincts do you prefer in a friend/partner? And why?

( . . . I still don't really get the whole instincts thing. So I'm curious to see peoples thoughts on the subject.)

• May 8, 2016 4:13:39 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

'stincts

By instincts, do you mean the function stacks?

I think my best instinct is extroverted intuition. I'm really good at voicing out my thoughts, and connecting to what other people are saying. I would prefer extroverted intuition in a partner as well, because if he didn't have that then we probably wouldn't be able to have a very interesting/engaging conversation.

Another desirable instinct (can't believe I'm saying this) might be sensing. I get bored really quickly if I can't find a way to lose myself in the moment. I'd hope that a good partner would be able to help me engage with my surroundings and appreciate things the way they are at the present time.

• May 8, 2016 5:42:35 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

'stincts

I honestly don't get it either-_- another confusing thing is that it says on mine "often prefers isfj" I find this odd because infjs and entps are ideals.. So do instincts sway this somehow? I don't know.

• May 8, 2016 10:37:29 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

'stincts

zoet said:
      By instincts, do you mean the function stacks? I think my best instinct is extroverted intuition. I'm really good at voicing out my thoughts, and connecting to what other people are saying. I would prefer extroverted intuition in a partner as well, because if he didn't have that then we probably wouldn't be able to have a very interesting/engaging conversation. Another desirable instinct (can't believe I'm saying this) might be sensing. I get bored really quickly if I can't find a way to lose myself in the moment. I'd hope that a good partner would be able to help me engage with my surroundings and appreciate things the way they are at the present time.

Instincts meaning Secure\sexual - Social\Secure - etc. I feel the same way concerning ES. I have a friend who's an ESFP, and we joke about how we'd immediately marry, then fuck each other to death had the other been born female. We keep trying to convince each other to get a sex change. . . 8} . . . Uh. . . Rather; what I'm trying to say is that we get along really well in a unique way.

• May 8, 2016 11:29:54 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

'stincts

Marquess said:
      I honestly don't get it either-_- another confusing thing is that it says on mine "often prefers isfj" I find this odd because infjs and entps are ideals.. So do instincts sway this somehow? I don't know.

Well, what's your experience with ISFJs? I switched around my instincts to see if my match would change, but it remained ESTP. (So I don't think instincts sway your 'preferred partner'.) I've never consciously met an ESTP, so I don't know how well we'd get along. . . But aside from the ESFP mentioned above, my best friends have always been ENTPs.

• May 10, 2016 6:35:40 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

'stincts

First of all, Marquess, IGNORE what it says about "often prefers", I have mentioned that as an INTP it says I often prefer ESFJ, which is one of the two WORST types for an INTP, so I don't know WHERE they come up with that stuff! But on the subject of instincts... I may be completely talking out my ass, but this is what occurs to me. I think instincts are based on type. Instincts are related to iNtuition and to Feeling. Therefore, NF's are extremely instinctual and ST's are not instinctual at all. Having just an iN or a F would make you somewhat instinctual. I could be totally wrong. My instincts say I'm not.

• December 15, 2018 8:16:54 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

'stincts

I don't know much about enneagram typology. But after recently retesting myself I got a variant of self preservation, the other two options were social and sexual. So aside from calling renaming self preservation to secure it seems likely the source of instincts here is from the enneagram system. Or, if could all be a huge coincidence.

• January 9, 2019 3:46:53 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

'stincts

It seems more like an interaction between your instinct and your Kensey scale than an interaction between your instinct and your mbti.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel