Forums General Topics Arts & Entertainment
  • Topic: Geek Thread - Games

Back To Topics
    • July 31, 2016 6:26:57 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

What are you playing these days ?

Finishing The order 1886, I love that British feel. Story is obvious but cool.

• July 31, 2016 7:00:23 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Only have a tablet to work with right now, but I've been playing a lot of Vainglory and Terraria, I was super into League of Legends a couple years back and I really fell in love with the MOBA formula :P

Also, IMHO Terraria beats the piss out of Minecraft, but I love them both :P

Side thought: Does playing video games help hone one's Se function? I find myself extremely coordinated and aware of my surroundings and no matter what MBTI/Jungian test I take, I always score really high on Se, which should be my weakest trait, right?

Woah... my Si too, that's why I can feel a stack of product and tell how many are there by how far apart my fingers feel... weird.

This post was edited by JeremiahMabry at July 31, 2016 7:05:24 PM PDT
    • July 31, 2016 7:10:58 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

I suck at League of Legends, everybody just shout at me.. I played 3 games.
      Terraria is Awesome but I never found people to play with... Sad Life.
      Otherwise, a good old AOE 2 is always nice.

As for the Se, you might have been a nice Ant.

• July 31, 2016 7:17:08 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Lol yeah, league players are not exactly the friendliest bunch sometimes... Never really got into Age of Empires, I was more of a Starcraft kinda guy, still champing at the bit to get a PC so I can play Legacy of the Void.... (super Blizzard fanboy here)

You play any other RTS games?

Also: A nice ant? Like the insect? You confuse me french XD

• July 31, 2016 7:26:42 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

ISTJs = Ants. No offence but that's always how I pictured their view on life.
      Loved broodwar didn't try the "new one" as I didn't have a good computer at the time. I played a lot of WoW and Diablo. So kind of a fanboy too.
      RTS, well I can pick up on any RTS pretty fast, I loved the C&C until the Yuri's expansion. But I haven't tried that many.
      However, FPS is my little treat when I'm angry, it slows my pulse rate. Actually, I used to play some Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory competitions on a European level (Was useful but not that good). Aliens vs Predators multiplayer also kicked asses.
      ... I am a Geek ...

• July 31, 2016 7:38:40 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Ohhhh you played WoW? Lots of good memories from those days XD I was a hardcore twinker

I have to ask a very important question though...

Alliance or Horde?

• July 31, 2016 7:47:03 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Played both, but Horde Kick asses and take names. Undead Priest for the Win !

• July 31, 2016 7:49:58 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Cool. We can still be friends :)

Troll Hunter here mon

• July 31, 2016 8:16:47 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

I got tricked by the trap door forum again. Now I have to read all these posts to catch up.

Never got into C&C. I was a Total Annihilation fan at the time. I still listen to the themes from that game. How is the new Wolfenstein? Half Life/Portal is my game of choice. So much backstory, so many easter eggs. GLaDOS is hilarious!
      I own almost every Blizzard game. StarCraft is my haunt. Diablo III did not impress me. WOW needs to cost less money. I was a Panda, and got bored.

Does anyone play MTG anymore?

This post was edited by Baelan at July 31, 2016 8:30:36 PM PDT
    • July 31, 2016 8:30:02 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

I am currently addicted to Star Trek - TImelines on my phone... and I am REALLY not that much of a Star Trek geek.

• July 31, 2016 8:31:33 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Phone games? I'm going to have to check this out.

• July 31, 2016 8:45:26 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

MTG, not really this was the generation before me. But I did a lot of other TCD.
      Otherwise I like boardgames. You can play some on your phone/Online with Boardgamearena. Love Hearts.

• July 31, 2016 8:59:53 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

I skipped class to play MTG in high school, had a massive collection, I blew my entire Dairy Queen check every other week on booster boxes. Maybe 7 years ago my aunt threw away just over15,000 cards while I was in jail... I haven't played MTG or talked to my aunt since.

I do like Hearthstone though, and probably spend too much money on that as well XD

• July 31, 2016 11:37:59 PM PDT
    • Geek Thread - Games

Finished the third game of Zero Escape, playing Tabletop Simulator like crazy xD

• August 1, 2016 12:42:39 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Zero Escape looks pretty cool, you don't see enough old school adventure games anymore, closest I can picture is amnesia... you ever play Sam and Max or Myst?

• August 1, 2016 5:42:49 AM PDT
    • Geek Thread - Games

I didn't, but I heard of the former. I really enjoyed Zero Escape,, it is my favorite visual novel especially because of that psychological mystery it gives. Ace Attornes will always be second and Danganronpa third.

• August 1, 2016 6:15:45 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

What about picking up a simple game and try to play it together.
      That would be nice. Terraria could be a start, but whatever you guys are into would be fine.

• August 1, 2016 6:16:53 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

I'm pretty sure I own every Cyan game, and all the novels. Myst was the first immersive computer game, in my opinion. I loved the combination of art and puzzles.

JM: Do you wanna tell us more about jail in the nerd forums, or wait till we get back in public?

• August 1, 2016 6:19:30 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

What are the limitations to Boardgamearena? Ever played Arkham Horror?

• August 1, 2016 6:19:33 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

[REDACTED]

This post was edited by Baelan at August 1, 2016 5:27:46 PM PDT
    • August 1, 2016 6:26:16 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

They just add the games as long as the owners don't mind.
      I wanted to buy that game, but didn't in the end. Otherwise, I love the game of thrones board game (v2). Race for the galaxy is my other go to.
      But Sir, GoT is awesome: Strategies and Politics. We made a 7 hours long game a month ago, and I have been fucked on the last turn because one of my friend made a suicide attack and lost his last castle to the lead. I was about to win ! Started in highgarden and pushed up to the Iron islands by the sea + blocus on Port Lannister + Troups in King's Landing... Anyway.

• August 1, 2016 8:31:20 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Pokemon Go, although I am about done, since there is no endgame which is worth grinding for. Otherwise I will be back to Hearts of Iron 4 once some mods are developed which clean up everything from terrible AI to historical inaccuracies.

• August 1, 2016 8:41:41 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

You should have plenty of time to grind Pokemon Go, since you let NotENFP chase you off and left me alone, you wuss!

• August 1, 2016 9:05:13 AM PDT
    • Geek Thread - Games

Well, if you guys have Tabletop Simulator, there are a lot of interesting board games on there, but now that I'm looking at it, Board Game Arena has many games that can be played for free. I'd be interested. There is still Board Game Online, which is also quite fun.

• August 1, 2016 5:32:09 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

GoT Board Game sounds amazing. Arkham has a high learning curve, but once you get it down, our team can blaze through it in 2 hours instead of 6.

What do we need to learn/do to start the online gaming? How should we account for time zone differences?

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel