Forums General Topics Arts & Entertainment
  • Topic: Geek Thread - Games

Back To Topics
    • August 1, 2016 5:45:06 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Haha @baelan, guess I can share some about jail, what do you want to know?

• August 1, 2016 6:48:11 PM PDT
    • Geek Thread - Games

I have tried Arkham Horror and I enjoyed it. I have a numerous list of games we could possibly try. Unfortunately I don't have much time, but I would be willing to create a group and provide a list with possible games.

• August 1, 2016 6:50:33 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Unfortunately for me I'm restricted to tablet games available on the amazon app store... the 2013 HDX is more lowerful than any tablet I've ever had, but it's literally the only one that can't be rooted as far as I know x_x

• August 1, 2016 6:54:50 PM PDT
    • Geek Thread - Games

Wasn't there a a suggested site where playing different board games for free was possible? I would love to host Fiasco, for which we don't need any sort of game, but a game like that takes too long per text/long distance and I lack time for organizing it.

• August 2, 2016 12:08:44 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

My username is Sil on the website.
      You should just register. For the time zones no biggy, We can do turn/turn without timing: No issues.
      You'll see there are tons of games on this site !

• August 2, 2016 7:36:10 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

It would be interesting to learn the statistics on how much weight Americans will gain back due to "finishing" Pokemon.

• August 2, 2016 7:01:22 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Just finished The Last of Us on PS4. So. Damn. Good. The Order 1886 is on my to do list. My to do list is also on my to do list.

• August 2, 2016 7:57:23 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

The Last of Us looks amazing, saw some videos of the first 20 mins or so... I cry everytiem :'(

• August 2, 2016 8:07:19 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

For Boardgamearena:
      Nothing, just create an account it is free.
      Time zones is not an issue, you can whether do turn by turn games or play on the Weekend. I played with a lot of americans and japanese, no worries.

You need to time GoT turns if you want to go fast, but there is a lot of diplomacy involved and you shouldn't hurry too much if you want to play it to its full potential. I love the idea of having deals with everybody and no actual thing enforcing the deal.

• August 2, 2016 8:29:43 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

I have been trying to get into The Last of Us on PS3, but I seem to have issues with non-first person...

• August 2, 2016 8:54:07 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

@rsngfrce: Did you try the new battlefield or ARMA 3 ?

• August 3, 2016 9:29:52 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Wait did someone mention board games? And the GoT one is my favorite board games ever! Had a winning streak on that for so long until just recently when everyone just ganged up on me to steal another victory from the Starks. I regularly attend board game events in my town and it's really fun.
      Uhm, and aside from the TT simulator there's also an online gaming site... not sure if any of you are on it: boardgamearena.com which offers a variety of board games (for free) to play against people from all over the world. Check it out when you have time.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

• August 3, 2016 9:38:18 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

@Elle, I told them about this a few posts up. I don't play that much these days as I didn't have internet for almost a year, but I'd be glad to add you there.

GoT is like: prepare alliances with everybody on different levels. Evaluate risks and attack !
      I'm pretty agressive in it, anihilating houses is my guilty pleasure (Especially the starks :)

• August 3, 2016 9:50:43 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Oh ahahaha, I didn't see the 2nd tab. New here. *blushes scarlet*

Uuuuh you play GoT! *eyes light up* Well, I try all sorts of tactics, depending on the people I'm playing with. My friends and I would have these really long sessions that would lasts for hours. I remember very well on the night of Int'l Board Game Day not so long ago, that we played from about 10PM until about 8AM in the morning. It was a super intense battle and hahaha sooo much fun, where alliances were broken on the last round, friendships tested and houses annihilated (poor Tyrells). The games after that weren't that long but usually we take ages till we finish.

Do you also play Lords of Waterdeep? That's my 2nd favorite board game. You'd surely like the strategic side of that one. ^_^

• August 3, 2016 10:03:57 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Never heard of it until now, but that could be fun to try... If I can get one in here.

Last time, I played the Tyrell in GoT's the game lasted 7 hours. I almost killed the Greyjoys, embargo the Lannisters, took over king landing, and was missing around on the West coast with the Starks; However the Greyjoys in a kamikaze move sacrificed themselves against the Baratheon: Game Over.
      7 hours and I was about to win this ! So disapointed. This game can be so unfair if your opponents give up.

• August 9, 2016 7:02:39 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Og gamer here. Loved all the Diablos although I admit D3 was a bit disappointing. I played D2 for many years and had a guild on jsp...... we owned pub duels wherever we went. Now I have a pimp ass liquid cooled computer and no games I like. All I use it for is surfing the net...... so sad.
      :-(

• August 11, 2016 9:29:21 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

@2G2BC: What about No Man's Sky ? Diablo 3 ? Darks Souls ? Overwatch ? Come on there are plenty of fishes in the sea.

• August 11, 2016 11:28:57 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

As I said, I played D3 plenty and wasn't impressed. The auction house was a disaster and when they got rid of it they basically made it so you couldn't even trade items with other players. I played a little Dark Souls on ps3 but bored of it quickly and I haven't seen any games that make me want to upgrade to a ps4. I tried some Elder Scrolls online but it was too expensive and I tried Arche Age which I thought was cool but none of my friends wanted to play and it was boring playing alone. I'm not really complaining though because getting away from video games is what ultimately allowed me to find a girlfriend and she is much for fun to play with. ;-)

• September 9, 2016 1:44:39 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Swing by th Pevo RP Group guys !
      We already started some games and will do tomorrow too.

• September 13, 2016 11:11:12 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Settlers of Catan
      Betrayal at the House on the Hill
      Destiny
      Black Ops 3

• October 4, 2016 5:01:14 PM PDT
    • Geek Thread - Games

NBA 2K17 on PS4.

• March 7, 2017 11:26:50 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Anyone into old school games like nintendo, genesis, super nes? Or older computer games like Everquest?

Recently sold my black ops 3 after playing it hard for a couple of months. My brother has GTA online and Battlefront but I don't play those games much. Ive been more into kongregate site and playing flash games on my laptop.

• March 24, 2017 10:32:25 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Pokemon, TF2 and Minecraft lately. Looking to play Zelda once I get a Nintendo Switch (and yeah, I'm aware of the Wii U version).

• May 18, 2017 1:26:17 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

Lately I haven't played much, but I did start playing Guild Wars 2 again a week ago... I used to play it when it was released. I also have been playing Ghost Recon Wildlands, but should really get back to it. Not even sure why I stopped, because I loved it

• July 31, 2017 11:30:02 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Geek Thread - Games

I don't really have the time to play games all that often anymore but for one of my classes this term i was able to play Virginia and Orwell ^-^ Orwell is great... Virginia, eh, not so much.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel