Forums Personality Romantics INFJ - Counselor
  • Topic: Where is the ENTP in your life?

Back To Topics
    • September 23, 2016 3:24:16 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Where is the ENTP in your life?

Haven't been on this site very long. Already I notice several posts about "Well I dated this, that and this. But never dated an ENTP. I've talked to one and it was great blah blah blah." . Obviously we're all on this site because of a mutual interest in the MBTI. So it begs the question why you INFJs haven't picked out an ENTP of your own. At first glance of the numbers, I'd assume it was a population issue. ENTPs make up something like 3%, where the INFJs make up 1%. Both rare, but since many have seemingly met ENTPs I'd like to read the reasons. Side note: Typing that out actually made me wonder if I've known many INFJs and didn't realize it.

• September 23, 2016 6:38:32 PM PDT
    • Where is the ENTP in your life?

If I have ever met one personally, I didn't know it. I hear a lot of INFJs are attracted to ENTPs quite often. I'm really curious why. Mostly I hear what ENTPs think the INFJ is attracted to but what I get from other INFJs is you guys compliment our need or passion to feel. Which is curious, very curious.

• September 23, 2016 7:02:35 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I figure if you did, it was the person who had a lot of other people around them at all times. From what I gather, introverts might have a hard time being able to approach them.

• September 23, 2016 7:17:54 PM PDT

Depends on the introvert really. Mostly as an INFJ, we are too busy taking in every aspect of our surroundings that we don't make a point to be in the actual surroundings. But we don't miss anything. Not sure being surrounded by a lot of people is something many INFJs would be attracted to. Unless the surrounded person is not actively seeking validation from these people of some sort.

• September 23, 2016 8:42:00 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Oh, you haven't heard? INTP is the new ENTP, apparently. http://bit.ly/NTPbestie

• September 24, 2016 2:09:51 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

@JustinD. Lol man for some reason I can't like your post on the main page, but that's great. What was the context of that comment? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

• September 24, 2016 4:38:26 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Nehai - Why haven't INFJ's picked out an ENTP? It's possible some have been in the grip of the ENTP "gone bad" and while now free, are feeling that once bitten, twice shy. What's an ENTP gone bad you may ask? Think Joker in the Dark Knight: controlling, manipulating, selfish and cruel. I imagine that it can be difficult to sort out after a burn like that, especially for an INFJ. But well worth the effort, I'm told.

• September 24, 2016 9:57:03 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

There seems to be a bug, I can't like your post @Justin, LOL.

• October 1, 2016 11:03:14 PM PDT

I am INFP and I had some interactions with an ENTP... well... after some time when it looked that he finally decided to "connect his heart and head" to put some more effort into our relationship something happened and over one weekend in the same town as his ex girlfriend he returned to her... it is hard to comprehend when he was saying how controlling she is... the same evening she took his phone behind his back and blocked me everywhere... I needed three months to recover from this bullshit... but I heard from others that before mentioned ENTP looks 10 older and tortured right now...

• October 2, 2016 2:22:51 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I don't think if have ever dated an ENTP, well not that I know of, although I believe many of my female friends fall into this category. My last relationship of 8 years was an INFP and although we understood each other 100%, ultimately this was the downfall of our relationship. We were just too similar! I would be very interested in getting to know some ENTP's, which is one of the reasons I'm here.

• October 2, 2016 2:22:53 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I don't think I've ever dated an ENTP, well not that I know of, although I believe many of my female friends fall into this category. My last relationship of 8 years was an INFP and although we understood each other 100%, ultimately this was the downfall of our relationship. We were just too similar! I would be very interested in getting to know some ENTP's, which is one of the reasons I'm here.

This post was edited by MissUnderstood at October 2, 2016 2:24:03 AM PDT
    • February 1, 2017 4:50:28 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

The ENTP in my life was not super mature. He was 23 when I met him, and I think he was still looking for a "perfect innocent flower soul mate" i.e.- a woman who hasn't been "tarnished." Six months later, when I moved away from his state for a new job, he admitted deep into the night that he missed me, and wished I would move in with him, and be his girlfriend. lol.

• February 2, 2017 9:51:01 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

The ENTP in my life is a male friend. We connected instantly on an emotional and intellectual level. I feel like I can explain my thoughts and feelings and that he understands exactly where I stand. I value our relationship largely because I feel free to be myself. I feel like he "gets" me and appreciates the "raw" feelings I express. We play music together in similar circles. When he says something sort of abstract, and other people are looking at him like he's out of his mind, I have to laugh, because I totally understand the reference. He's married to a women who gives him quite a bit of freedom, so he is a lucky man. I respect their relationship and I would never cross that line. I think he knows this, and so he has become a trusted friend. Even if he wasn't married, I don't know that I could keep up with his energy level all of the time.

• March 22, 2017 5:39:06 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I find it really interesting how on accurate this pairing seems to be. I have never had the pleasure of knowing an INFJ woman as far as I know, but everyone here makes it sound fantastic. In many of my past relationships I was partly at fault for being " Too intense" and I acknowledge that I can be a bit much for some people to deal with, but I would be really intrigued to explore a relationship with someone I am actually compatible with. As apparently I've never had that privelige.

• March 22, 2017 5:39:10 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I find it really interesting how on accurate this pairing seems to be. I have never had the pleasure of knowing an INFJ woman as far as I know, but everyone here makes it sound fantastic. In many of my past relationships I was partly at fault for being " Too intense" and I acknowledge that I can be a bit much for some people to deal with, but I would be really intrigued to explore a relationship with someone I am actually compatible with. As apparently I've never had that privelige.

• May 2, 2017 1:14:15 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

You want my honest answer? When I learned that women INFJs are supposed to be attracted to ENTPs a lot, to me it was like a slap in the face. My father is an ENTP (to a probably INFJ mom which is hilarious in itself). He's the most insensitive man I've ever met making him an abusive prick to me (and my mom) who can either make my day awesome or the worst of my life. And that has been my relationship with ENTPs my whole life. They're usually too direct for me, I feel immediately attacked, judged and sometimes even preyed on. My ex-boyfriend was an ENTP too, I say boyfriend but really I was just the nice girl that would sleep with him when he got bored of his actual girlfriend. Manipulative, self-centered, indecisive, shallow and immature. He was the kind of guy to do anything to get the attention even if it meant hurting people's feelings or get himself and others into trouble. I'm not gonna lie though, there was a definite chemistry otherwise this shitshow wouldn't have lasted 5 years. Nice conversations when they can hold in place and concentrate for more than 30 seconds at a time... or be honest about it and not act like they don't have feelings, or straight up mess with you because they can. ENTPs without a tangible goal in life tends to get bitter and mean too. The other ENTP of my life is my brother, he's the only one I can deal with. Yet he will too put himself into bad situations to avoid getting bored. Direct but not too insensitive either. Smart and funny. ENTPs done right have the rational side we lack. INFJs generally go for smart people in any situation plus ENTPs can definitely be funny and I think that's probably the three main reasons why INFJs likes ENTPs so much. INFJs need someone that will rationalise the situation with them, ENTPs can be very faithful, passionate and caring when they choose to invest themselves, they also have interesting ideas and they can distract us from the world and our problems by being funny... until THEY become the problem and then it's unlivable. I truly believe though that ENTPs done right are good people but the ones I know are too self-centered (or uncomfortable let's be honest) to even consider the fact that I have feelings and that they can and will be hurt by insensitiveness. And they will for most part use their intelligence and charisma to use others to their own benefits and INFJs is the type that will react the worst to that kind of behavior. Long story short, ENTPs of my life are the people that brought me some of the best moments of my life but they are also the people that crippled me for the rest of my life so unless a miracle happens I'm done with them, there's too much risks to it for me.

This post was edited by vhaydenlv at May 2, 2017 1:19:07 AM PDT

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel