Forums Personality Rationals ENTJ - Executive
  • Topic: ENTJ with other Rationals/Analysts

Back To Topics
    • October 29, 2016 8:53:39 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ with other Rationals/Analysts

As an ENTJ gay man I found so hard to date (about going on a decade single... I mean, weeks long pseudo-relationships do not count, OK?) Although I'm a cold analytical, I'm emotionally accessible and needy for affection (which it doesn't seem to be an ENTJ trait but we all come in all colors I guess). I often get disappointed when someone I date is unable to go into deep conversations, intellectual topics or freely talk about their feelings. To others ENTJs: Are INTJs and other Rational/Analytical types, the intellectual challenge you thought it would be? Is it rewarding? A funny thing is (and I don't know if it happens the same with you) when I'm attracted to someone I'm in not in Attack-mode (As we all know we can be). I would only get into an argument if there's a contention about a topic we both know, ultimately the one with the facts straight wins!

I think at this point I'm over dating the "opposite" of me, starting to date other Rationals seems to be the solution to my solitude... Testimonial of other ENTJs would be greatly appreciated.

• October 30, 2016 4:39:15 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Like the photos you added at the bottom of your post. Is that an NT thing, to illustrate? I would never think of doing that. Not an ENTJ or even an NT but going to post here anyway, you can always delete it if you don't like it :). If there's anything I've noticed it's that intellectual challenge and willingness to go into deep conversations and freely talk about feelings has very little if anything to do with type. Perhaps at younger ages when we are slightly more insecure and happy to share everything with everybody, which isn't necessarily healthy, look how many young people suffer from depression and other forms of psychosocial disorders because of the effects of using social media indiscriminately and exposing every last bit of themselves to a world that ultimately doesn't care about them. But as we get older walls go up, patterns form, people get set in whatever bad habits they formed, and only a very few try to be self aware and even that is very hard. So I don't think it's an ENTJ or NT thing. It's about finding people that are on the same page as you. People that are willing to listen, willing to share, willing to change, and ultimately, willing to be vulnerable.

This post was edited by Cyanara at October 30, 2016 4:42:05 AM PDT
    • October 30, 2016 5:36:47 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Wow... how can someone write an entire paragraph and at the same time saying nothing. First of all, if I want to add images to my post (cartoons, illustrations and what not) that's MY prerogative which have NOTHING to do with the topic. You don't like it? That's your OPINION, not a fact, which resumes in me NOT caring about what you have to say. Second, you're not an ENTJ, how dare you say what I (or we) do or we don't do, don't be presumptuous, particularly when you're not adding anything of value to the conversation.

I regard looking for deeper conservations or oversharing or being vulnerable. Guess what? WALLS block EVERYTHING, both the bad AND the good. I have always walls around me, armored steel no less, and what does that bring? ALIENATION. If you don't feel comfortable talking about you or your feelings with people that is YOUR problem, not mine. What maturity have brought to me is accept myself without seeking approval and just in the journey to find someone with the same mentality. You also mention change, that's a MISTAKE, people should NEVER change to please others because is all facade that soon or later will fall. Sure, we modify aspects of our behavior that are negative or destructive, but that's the extent of adjustment nothing else.

Now, if you still feel the need to reply again to my topic do everyone a favor and abstain from useless personal opinions about ME and actually say something of value that anyone could use. Just, maybe, read my topic again and think "Hmm... do I really have something to offer to the topic other than cynism?".

This post was edited by LeRomantic at October 30, 2016 5:41:34 AM PDT
    • October 30, 2016 6:04:34 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

My comment on your illustrations was a compliment. I liked it. I hadn't thought of it before. When I saw it I made a mental note that that could be a cool way to make posts more interesting.

If you don't like it you can delete it was a joke. I guess it got lost in translation.

I haven't really read all of your post because it's full of so much anger which I'm sure has nothing to do with me. My post wasn't based on you. I don't know you at all. I haven't even looked at your profile. I was sharing my observation based on my life and the lives of people I know and the things I've read or heard. Vulnerability is the key. Your reply to me for example is quite hurtful but I'm willing to accept it because I made myself vulnerable by responding to your post in the way that I did. I am actually shaking right now. And again if I wasn't prepared to be vulnerable, I wouldn't say that, I would pretend that your reply has had no effect on me at all, but it has.

I hope you find whatever you're looking for.

• February 4, 2017 9:31:37 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Me? I'd really dig finding an INTP of similar age in interests in my area. Of late, INFJs seem to be finding me. I've dated 3 in a row.

• September 30, 2018 10:03:26 AM PDT
    • ENTJ with other Rationals/Analysts

Hello LeRomantic,
      I know this conversation old, but I am new to this site and it caught my attention. I know those characters you added. As an INTJ, I agree with your thoughts. I do not know answer to many of the questions but as INTJ (sometimes ENTJ) female I wish I could get in touch with someone who manages this project to help with exactly what you describe, so much wasted energy and time looking for basic human connections, there just has to be more efficient way for humans to pair up. All the MB types, all the genetic configurations, preferences, etc.....

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel