Forums Personality Rationals ENTP - Inventor
  • Topic: ENTP and ENTP relationship

Back To Topics
    • June 21, 2017 12:29:27 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTP and ENTP relationship

Has anybody been in this type of relationship before? Female ENTP's are extremely rare and I am curious about how it works out with one, being an ENTP male myself.

• July 21, 2017 8:48:46 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I don't think ENTPs like each other.

• July 21, 2017 9:24:20 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I never had any issues with other ENTP's, we got along and comprehend one another. But that was M/M and platonic, I don't really know so much about dating and hetero pairings. I'm unsure if I ever really knew any ENTP females just INTP which works really well.

• July 22, 2017 12:31:47 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I know one and i think she'd be cool to hang out with but i wouldn't wanna date her. I think they'd make a good wing woman.

• July 23, 2017 12:34:33 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Now that's weird cause heard just the opposite. I heard that ENTP guys make the best wing men- go figure. And you're almost right about ENTP folks, you just got the gender wrong -you probably would NEVER want to date a ENTP guy- they're funny and everything and make good friends, but not great boyfriend material.

This post was edited by Jan126 at July 23, 2017 12:38:41 PM PDT
    • July 24, 2017 1:09:03 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Jan126 said:
      Now that's weird cause heard just the opposite. I heard that ENTP guys make the best wing men- go figure. And you're almost right about ENTP folks, you just got the gender wrong -you probably would NEVER want to date a ENTP guy- they're funny and everything and make good friends, but not great boyfriend material.

Don't you think it would work in reverse ? See ENTPs have to feel safe in a relationship to fall in love. ENTPs aren't good at making people feel safe. That's why we like INFJs they seem loving and reliable and we give them the space they need.

• August 11, 2017 10:51:10 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Yep, been there done that. Like all relationships, but I think especially in a entp x entp relationship, I think it'll only work if both parties are at the same level of maturity. In my case, I was more emotionally mature/my Fe was waaayy more developed than my partner - it was hard watching someone make exactly the same mistakes I made when I was younger. It was pretty hard to resist the urge to lecture him and be all like, "Look dude, I've been there. Please oh god, stop it, do ___ instead."

Felt more like an extremely good platonic friendship than a romantic relationship, to be honest. In short, I think it'd be a really good friendship, but I'm not sure romantic-wise. But then who knows, maybe that's confirmation bias.

• November 14, 2017 2:38:41 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

As ENTP, I do like ENTP guy.
      My parents are both ENTP and they got along really well to be honest. Free from any kind of drama. Then, my ENTP sister were born and about a year later I was born as ENTP as well. My family is really perfect and dynamic to me right now. There's no mushy gushy feelings since we're all brutally honest.

• November 25, 2017 9:14:04 AM PST
    • ENTP and ENTP relationship

I've contacted 5 ENTP females my age on other sites. One didn't seem to be anything like an ENTP. Two had profiles that were very ENTP. One didn't return my massage. The other was instantly no connection. I assume she was writing with her thumbs and so came across as not very bright, very flaky sounding. I could only hang for a a couple messages. The last 2 were Russian and maybe it's a Russian thing but their minds were very closed on the few subjects we discussed. They seemed angry from the start and just got more so.

So based on my experience with ENTP women (and other types too) I think whether someone would make a good partner has much more to do with developed skilled than base MBTI attributes.

• February 7, 2018 6:23:10 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I'm into ENTP men. I like the BS ones, the funny ones, even though I see through a lot of BS, their ability to trigger emotion amuses me. They make the best flirts out of all NT, I think.

Wether such a thing could be lasting, no idea. I think neither of us would have to worry too much about the other getting attached too fast.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel