Forums Personality Romantics INFJ - Counselor
  • Topic: Aromantic INFJ's?

Back To Topics
    • January 6, 2018 8:17:01 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Aromantic INFJ's?

So, I myself am an INFJ and I feel my deep sense of empathy for most people, thus I feel closer to most people than most people do, right? I'm in a strange place where I appreciate some people more than others, but I cannot see an incentive to pursue a relationship with anyone unless it's just for/as the company of a close friend. -Though, maybe paradoxically, I desire a great deal of intimacy among friends. Don't necessarily want a romantic relationship, just maybe a really intimate friends with benefits relationship if I decide to settle in the long-term - thus why I tentatively consider myself aromantic. Anyone else in that obscurely-built boat?
      If this is telling or if you want to give some commentary I took this relationship test that you'll see in the images despite the stipulations above for some insight:

This post was edited by ModernMartialVegan at January 6, 2018 8:20:17 AM PST
    • January 7, 2018 12:20:45 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Aromantic INFJ's?

At your age my friend, I think where you are is perfect. Show me someone with a meaningful romantic relationship formed at 18 and I'll show you an 80% divorce rate ;)

• January 7, 2018 12:26:02 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Aromantic INFJ's?

I can totally relate to this, I feel like the pressure of what being in a relationship with someone entails can ruin the chemistry between those individuals. Friendships provide most of what I feel like I need from social interactions and they're way less complicated.

• January 7, 2018 2:40:23 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Aromantic INFJ's?

Buddy, I met my twin flame like nearly 2months back and I'm almost 26, got more than enough attempts to create something with the ones becoming close to me that failed, helped me filter what I want and who and why....just a process of elimination for yourself and your preferences. Trial and error, just don't go head first in your search and don't even try to rush it since it will bite you in the ass

• January 9, 2018 9:19:11 PM PST
    • Aromantic INFJ's?

I can empathize, unless I feel strong chemistry/attraction from the start, people become only platonic friends. Maybe introverted feeling types just have a harder time finding romantic connection?

• January 27, 2018 11:51:39 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Aromantic INFJ's?

I honestly don't know, people's fears are the biggest problem in finding anyone that might suit them. I've not realised this until I met my other half. Once you become honest with yourself, what you want and what you're offering and to allow the same honesty level to the other person that might be a potential partner....it's actualy precious and one of the best ways to go on about it. At least for our kind, from what I can tell.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel