Forums Personality Romantics INFJ - Counselor
  • Topic: It's too big a small world

Back To Topics
    • May 26, 2019 1:38:21 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

It's too big a small world

Hi INFJs,

My name is Joseph: 21, Christian, Korean, academic, athletic, nerdy, artistic, musical, idealistic?, etc., etc..

The platform of this website, as good of a concept as it is, doesn't seem like it will likely connect me to that like-minded soulmate somewhere out there.

INFJs, despite sharing core features concerning work ethic, intraversion, creativity and so forth, rarely actually share the same values, work, hobbies and such with other INFJs.

For instance, I am a Sabbath-conscientious, charismatic Christian; I like anime, nearly every single genre of music, writing stories, studying cooking, freestyle (olympic) wrestling, studying syntax; I can spend hours talking about the utility of different kitchen knives, pots and pans, or go on even longer about the imaginary friends that inhabit my stories, and also run down a tangent on the Marvel cinematic universe -- the list goes on and on.

So I've yet to meet any person who practices Christianity with the same intent and, let's be honest, maturity at anywhere near my age, while being able to connect with me on levels beyond that fundamental one additionally.

We are all so rare, so esoteric, so unknown, and the odds of us creating those oh-so-desirable multiplex relationships grounded in our particular moral foundations are especially slim.

So here's the truth: Jesus loves you, and He knows you more fully than anybody ever could.

To the INFJs who have never felt understood their entire lives, I hope you are able to experience that life-fulfilling relationship with the God who wants to be in a personal relationship with you. Yes, you, because there is so much to you, and all of that specialness that is you was designed by Him.

So all of that being said, God has plans for everyone, and I believe if God is willing, I will someday meet that athletic, intelligent, musical, compassionate, altruistic woman of my dreams... Hopefully she dresses well too... Not that that will really matter 100 years from now, but it will matter for a lot of years before that haha.

• September 23, 2019 7:18:22 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

God Bless you...you are not alone in your practice or beliefs.

• October 5, 2019 12:25:28 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Hi Joey,

I just wanted to say, I'm an INFJ, brought up a charismatic Christian and....I totally, 100%, get what you are saying. In fact I've had several years of therapy to process all of what you have said.
      It's true, it's not easy finding someone of the same faith as you that you are attracted to and have chemistry with. Its even harder being female in this category too, for some reason there are less Christian males than females. So, I just wanted to say, you're not alone, and I'm in the same boat too.
      I guess the only way to move forward is to put ourselves out there, in a healthy amount, just because we're rare, doesn't mean we can't find compatibility in friendships or relationships. God gave us choice, we have to use that to put into action the desires of our hearts.
      He will lead us :)

This post was edited by LeahElizabeth at October 5, 2019 1:08:01 PM PDT
    • October 5, 2019 10:42:44 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Thanks for your words of encouragement :)

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel