Forums Dating & Relationships Sex
  • Topic: Ground rules before Sex

Back To Topics
    • August 1, 2012 7:31:50 PM PDT
    • Ground rules before Sex

I wanted to get a sense of people's opinions: Is it customary to lay out ground rules before sex? For example, saying what the limits are and what the options are?

That seems pretty sensible to me, but I just wanted to hear other people's opinions.

• August 5, 2012 8:41:57 PM PDT
    • Ground rules before Sex

nah, playing it by ear/other body organ is better I think

• September 18, 2012 3:07:50 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Ground rules before Sex

It depends on the person. Once, I (somehow) ended up getting physically involved with a girl on our first date and she specifically stopped me to ensure that we could proceed, but there would be no sex what-so-ever. I could have gotten offended, but considering how things were already starting and she was in my bed... LOL

These kinds of things usually do not happen with me though, physical involvement or even first dates.

• March 3, 2013 6:02:19 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Ground rules before Sex

I think it takes at least some comfort or established intimacy to be able to explicitly talk about sex like that--although it's definitely a priority if you're both sexually non-vanilla...

• July 15, 2013 10:48:54 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Ground rules before Sex

mutual attraction, drunkeness, and condoms

• October 25, 2014 8:03:09 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Ground rules before Sex

Um. In my experience, I don't find that ppl typically lay out ground rules before sex.
      But my personal suggestion might be to do so with your partner if you're considering a 3way AND BEFORE you get into the bed room (so as not to make the 3rd party uncomfortable with couple bickering, lol)

• April 16, 2018 8:11:04 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Ground rules before Sex

I think that communication is good for a healthy relationship. The fact that a partner wants to set some rules is good. You sort of need some communication with sex because you are making yourself both physically and emotionally vulnerable.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel