Forums General Topics Politics & Current Events
  • Topic: Correlation between Instincts and politics?

Back To Topics
    • August 19, 2012 4:46:41 PM PDT
    • Correlation between Instincts and politics?

I have a feeling that the Secure-Socials are the quintessential Republicans while the Social-Sexuals are your picture-perfect Democratics. Anyone else sense this?

• September 19, 2012 6:46:51 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Correlation between Instincts and politics?

Well I'm probably more of a middle-to-conservative libertarian...not too keen on identifying myself as a republican as much of them these days (at least ones in office) are not very conservative at all. Either way, democratic and republican idealogies are largely just different sides of the same business-as-usual, grow-government-at-any-cost coin. I would rather have the whole two-party system be done away with and just let politicians stand on their own merits and have organized debates and whatnot based on practical things related to running this country (i.e. not personal moral stances) instead of popularity contests that are hugely expensive and exclude potential candidates who would not be able to raise enough money regardless of their abilities where the media decides who is favorably shown, but that won't happen since most people are apathetic about it and just go along with whatever blue or red figurehead is around at the time because that's easier and then they don't have to look into what each candidate is actually all about, what their voting record is, who they affiliate with, their management experience, education, and so on. People just don't care to be informed about what is going on, they care more about their own little world and anything that benefits them directly and follow any popular movements/rallying cries that strike their fancy. I'm no political guru and don't like discussing politics much with anyone, but I try to keep up with things from time to time, sift through all the misinformation and b.s. as best as I can; it's admittedly rather tedious, but worth it so I can figure out if there is anyone actually worth voting for.

• April 4, 2014 5:04:25 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

And the sexuals are..... Anarchists? ;)

• May 27, 2014 6:20:57 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

<<<Secure/sexual moderate-ish, independent-ish type here.

• The following users say thanks to murmi49 for this useful post:
    • September 1, 2014 10:55:41 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I am a free spirit who is liberal-leaning and thinking. I was more of an artist in my young adulthood but am now more of an art promoter or advocate. I'm definitely more "J" for judging and less "P" for perceiving than I used to be. I believe that artists should be compensated financially and encouraged socially for the quality work that they do. I heard somewhere that it is up to the individual to build his or her own box, rather than just think outside the box. This, I believe, is the gist of integral and post-integral consciousness. That is to say, these days, individuals are challenged existentially to participate in community and regional activist programs that they believe will induce positive spiritual and political growth in themselves and progress in the institutions and infrastructure that support the cause of lifelong development. Developmental psychology used to be restricted to the stages of childhood development and socialization into the adult world. Now there is a rapidly advancing, post-industrial, information-based economy that demands perpetual learning, weighing of values and objectives and pro-active involvement in the ever-changing tasks-at-hand and movements-to-support. I don't advocate a "liberals only" club. My NF/dolphin temperament just demands mutual respect for the feelings of others. This post-post modern era of thinking and feeling requires local and topic-oriented conflict over sweeping generalities. Dialogue and cyclical enlightenment via technology and face-to-face are necessary to keep up on things. Sometimes it is not enough to say "a-ha" now I know. It is better to say I enjoy knowing or wish to stay in the know. It takes work and vigilance and is truly a lifelong developmental psychology or nurturing of the psyche. It is important to think/work/vote from the heart and the head. Maybe this is what Dennis Merzel is getting at with his idea of Big Mind meditation.

This post was edited by MattD at September 2, 2014 9:28:40 PM PDT
    • February 6, 2015 11:55:51 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I would say in general you are likely right. For types who think a lot they are likely to evolve over time.

For example I was very far right in almost every regard. It was mostly rooted in fear and a lack of grounding. (Sense of belonging to society) The idea of authoritarian regimes seemed the most logical to me. As I grew older I began to understand what corruption is and that an authoritarian regime would likely not be ruled by rationality but rather by corruption and power struggles.

As I've become older I lean more libertarian but have grown to understand the benefits of both government social welfare and the military industrial complex.

• May 15, 2016 5:34:17 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Another vote for secure/sexual moderate- independent.

• May 18, 2016 10:16:28 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Secure/Sexual Libertarian.

• June 8, 2016 8:29:28 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Sexual/Secure. I'd consider myself progressive/liberal.

• July 27, 2016 2:10:19 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Secure-sexual here, don't really identify with any political party, but I do subscribe wholeheartedly to the nonaggression principle... now to go pay these speeding tickets...

• July 1, 2017 2:05:16 AM PDT
    • Correlation between Instincts and politics?

Secure/social rightish wing totalitarian. There isn't really a political party that fits my beliefs but I believe you're correct in your analysis.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel