Forums Personality Rationals ENTJ - Executive
  • Topic: ENTJ male/female ratio

Back To Topics
    • August 22, 2012 11:56:36 PM PDT
    • ENTJ male/female ratio

I know that ENTJs is often perceived to be more masculine, but are there actually more male ENTJs than females, or do the female ENTJs just conform themselves more so it is not obvious? Any MBTI pros out there?

• August 23, 2012 10:50:17 PM PDT
    • ENTJ male/female ratio

I actually have a few ENTJ girlfriends. I don't have the statistics, but I'm willing to bet the ratio is actually pretty similar. My ENTJ friends hide it really well, they may be confused as ESTP at times. Go figure.

• August 25, 2012 7:15:31 AM PDT
    • ENTJ male/female ratio

According to various online sources, there are about twice as many male ENTJs as females. I really question the accuracy of these stats though, as I know quite a few women ENTJs. I agree with kstolt in that women ENTJs are more reluctant be be "ENTJish". Maybe they just overendorse certain traits on personality tests and that is why the statistics are off?

• February 4, 2017 9:44:52 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ male/female ratio

I agree with the deleted member. Saw this when reading some of the books on MBTI - might it have been "Gifts Differing"? That or "Please Understand Me 2". Anyway, female ENTJs are as rare as hen's teeth. ENTJ is the rarest type for a female. Hillary Clinton is said to be one, and she's also known to be rather abrasive, off camera. I can see where a lot of men would be turned off by the sheer personality power of a strong ENTJ woman. Me? I'd find it attractive, actually.

But back to the point, I think there are either 2 or 3 ENTJ males for every ENTJ female. And so the type is quite rare. ENTJs (regardless of gender) are said to be ~2.1% of the US population - making it the 2nd rarest MBTI type overall. The rarest is, of course, INFJ at ~1.8% - most of whom are females.

• September 8, 2018 5:31:51 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

ENTJ male/female ratio

I've found many ENTJ women in my life. They're difficult to distinguish without the test. Probably the weight of society dampens their personality traits, although exceptions do exist and I've met them too.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel