Forums Personality Romantics INFJ - Counselor
  • Topic: Favorite MBTI type?

Back To Topics
    • September 6, 2012 9:07:46 PM PDT
    • Favorite MBTI type?

For all the INFJs out there, which Myers Briggs type do you think you are most compatible with and why?

I personalty really like ENTPs. They always keep things fun, but they need me to reel them in :D

• September 12, 2012 11:20:37 PM PDT
    • Favorite MBTI type?

A few of my closest friends (both girls and guys) are INTJs, but I don't think I can date them. I agree with you on the ENTPs, they are smart and always a breath of fresh air. There are a few that I've noticed, but I never got them to pay attention to me yet...sigh.

• December 26, 2012 8:50:46 PM PST
    • Favorite MBTI type?

From a friendship level: INTJs. I always click fastest with INTJs. Two of my best friends are INTJs. I've dated a couple and never found my emotional needs met.

Romantically: I've never dated an ENTP but I've been drawn to them. There's also this ENTJ I've been smitten with. I'm very attracted to NTs in general.

ENFPs are supposed to be romantically compatible with INFJs as well. I've flirted with two and both became super flakey and nothing came of it.

• December 26, 2012 11:14:16 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

I was in a long term relationship with an INTJ before, INFJs have deep thoughts and interesting insights that compel the INTJ's intellect and vice-versa. There's more of course that's positive, but the biggest problem is the INTJ not understanding feelings and whatnot that are crucial for INFJs. An INFJ wants to know the deeper meanings, but there is no deeper meanings when it comes to an INTJ after they open up to you -they are straightforward and rational not abstract.

I have also been in a relationship with an INFP and that was magical. They 'get' an INFJs feelings for their ideals. And are in tune with the INFJs internal conflicts and are eager to support. The problem for us in that relationship was....well two artists types with different wants in life, plus an INFP might feel really hurt when the INFJ has a secluded spell...and an INFP isn't a natural leader or pusher for the INFJ. while an INFJ can lead and be strong in a relationship, this can be draining.

I personally think that both types can still work out for an INFJ in the right circumstances and maturity levels :)

I haven't experienced any other real relationships, I would like to meet an ENFP or an ENTP....or maybe even another INFJ. Haha.

• March 23, 2013 2:14:52 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

I enjoy infps and other infjs. For most of the reasons that have already been listed by other.

I have tried to date an enfp but the way we thought and our general needs were far too polar for it to ever amount to much more than a bumpy friendship.

I am most interested in the Intp's they counter me and offer new out puts. So i continually grow and gain different perspectives. It is truly my favorite type for a friendship. I hope I will get to be in a relationship with one some day.

• March 23, 2013 2:16:17 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

Also I would like to note that all of our usernames hint at a deeper meaning. XD

• April 11, 2013 11:21:33 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

Oh man I have so many favorites. I love this stuff.

ISFPs: I frequently fall in love with ISFPs, but I don't think I could be in a romantic relationship with one. I absolutely adore the ISFP's mind and personality. A lot of my celebrity crushes have been ISFPs :3

ESTPs: My guilty pleasure is ESTPs. I love the wild devil-may-care attitude. It comes off as very powerful. I find them very mysterious and hard to figure out, compared to other types. They seem like just a big bag of conflict. I love writing ESTP characters in my stories :)

ENTPs: I know they're the ideal match and all, but I'm hesitant. I can safely say I've known two ENTPs personally in my life and they're incredible. Very much on my wavelength, and skilled at the verbal sparring I love so much. The first ENTP was very intimidating and not that good with his Feeling function, which was a barrier. The second ENTP is equally bad with his Feeling function and is also very introverted for an extrovert, so I find myself taking the lead a lot. I just don't know enough ENTPs, and I haven't done enough research on their type. I think they're something truly special to INFJs. I saw my ENTP coming a mile away :)

• September 13, 2013 1:24:05 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

My three loves were INTJ, ENFJ and INTP. I also have a good friend that's ENFP an another that's INFJ. I had a brief dating experience with an INFP as well. I have to say the best relationship was with an INTP (based on my own personal experience only). All things being equal, an INTP just made me feel very peaceful, secure and appreciated for who I am. The honesty and addictive deep conversations were soul-satisfying:) Only met one ENTP but I have to say I wasn't taken with him?? Outside of MBTI, I believe the key to finding that chemistry/spark has to do with being on a similar plane of individuation/actualization/differentiation. That's where the magic happens cuz you intuitively know we'll challenge each other in ways that will propel individual and relational growth. That's what I'm after:)

• October 19, 2013 1:42:40 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

You ladies are. INFJs are a bundle of wonderful.

• December 2, 2013 11:20:58 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

i hate you all.
      i came into this thread thinking that i'd leave feeling really good, and you're all like, "supposedly ENFP, but..."
      no, but really, INFJ is my favorite, jerks.

• December 2, 2013 7:08:47 PM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

I have clicked best with INFPs and INTJs in the past, but I don't know if I've ever been romantically involved with an ENFP or ENTP before so I'm not sure what it would be like.

• December 5, 2013 11:39:13 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

I've got a few male INTJ friends and one female INTJ. All amazing people. We share the lead introverted intuition. My first love is an INFP. There was a connection there that I have not yet found again. But I haven't met many other female NFs. I have a male ENFP friend as well. Another amazing person. N types will always seem to communicate well with each other. We all love ideas and creativity and tend to be future oriented and value driven.

I don't do as well with sensors because they don't seem to understand the need for depth of connection. They seem to go through the motions and say the words but are incapable of living those words. I may be wrong though. Take this with a grain of salt. I'm just coming out of a very lonely 12 year relationship with an S type.

Someone said opposites attract, but they don't stay together.

I'm hoping to meet and talk to some NFs here.

This post was edited by steveone01 at August 22, 2014 12:33:47 PM PDT
    • August 22, 2014 12:34:32 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

q

This post was edited by UcheaCole at August 22, 2014 12:37:59 PM PDT
    • August 22, 2014 12:37:28 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

steveone01 said:
      I've got a few male INTJ friends and one female INTJ. All amazing people. We share the lead introverted intuition. My first love is an INFP. There was a connection there that I have not yet found again. But I haven't met many other female NFs. I have a male ENFP friend as well. Another amazing person. N types will always seem to communicate well with each other. We all love ideas and creativity and tend to be future oriented and value driven. I don't do as well with sensors because they don't seem to understand the need for depth of connection. They seem to go through the motions and say the words but are incapable of living those words. I may be wrong though. Take this with a grain of salt. I'm just coming out of a very lonely 12 year relationship with an S type. Someone said opposites attract, but they don't stay together. I'm hoping to meet and talk to some NFs here.

Wow! 12 years of S type, that's hard.

• August 22, 2014 12:46:04 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

ENFP sound like the perfect match for me. I would have to consider ways to recharge wile not neglecting his need for social stimulation. Another INFJ could be good to but I fear we would both be too stubborn and serious.
      NT types don't appeal to me. I come from an NT majority family where I was (and still am) extremely isolated). However much I enjoy high-intellectual conversation, my values come first by a long way.

This post was edited by UcheaCole at August 22, 2014 12:47:50 PM PDT
    • March 23, 2015 11:20:33 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

All my crushes have been NT (geeks or nerds)

The attraction it's always intellectual.

I never master the courage to confront an NT emotionally. I like the platonic crush and I love to admire them from the distance, beautiful creatures.

I kept hearing about ENTP's being ideal for INFJ's, I disliked them in context until I met oneā€¦ instant fireworks, our Ne-Ni becomes one and the conversations never ends and then magic ;)

This post was edited by Chakraby at February 14, 2016 10:51:55 PM PST
    • May 3, 2015 2:06:07 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

controversyatx said:
      i hate you all. i came into this thread thinking that i'd leave feeling really good, and you're all like, "supposedly ENFP, but..." no, but really, INFJ is my favorite, jerks.

:D ENFPs are still awesome in my book; unreal connection. But I can imagine how breaking that connection could be quite traumatic.

• May 5, 2015 8:23:13 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

I like INFP - had a friend (girl) from work and we just read each other's thoughts like twins or something but they can be moody and lack structure but I still like it..

I click right away with INTJ and can have a really long conversation and just laugh on whatever we could talk about...but somethings lacking still and I dont know

I haven't met an ENTP yet - they're supposedly a good match for INFJ and would love to have a good conversation one day

With ENFP, its feels fun and I love the energy and attention they give (they are givers) but I don't know something in them seems inconsistent..

INTP are really quiet and good listeners though..

so far I have a good vibe with INFP and INTJ..

This post was edited by Mnilo at May 5, 2015 8:24:20 AM PDT
    • May 9, 2015 11:33:47 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

My favorite MBTI type is INFJ! Who else would get me (and I them) better than another INFJ?!. They've been my best friends, so I would love to date one. Otherwise, I usually end up with INTJs & sometimes INFPs.

• May 14, 2015 11:42:20 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

My best friend is an INTJ. She and I just "get" each other and create a very nice balance for one another.

My boyfriend is an ENTJ, and let me tell you, the relationship is challenging. We do balance each other very well and have been able to teach each other a lot! Definitely a learning experience, but life is all about learning, so I'm cool with the challenge. I once read that these two types together are like the proverbial lion and lamb....sooo true, but very rewarding!

I just recently met a male INFJ. He and I clicked like no other. I can't really imagine what a relationship would be like with a fellow INFJ, but from what you all say, it's great right?

• June 9, 2015 2:04:10 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

My closest circle of friends include many other INFJs, my best friends have been INFP, ENFP, and ESFx. In terms of love, I have always been attracted to the social endurance Es have. My dream man is ENTP, but I get along really well with ENFPs as well. INTJs, in my experience, can be heartless stubborn asshats, sometimes. But, they're also really really interesting.

• July 2, 2015 2:14:58 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

INTJs make amazing friends. You click instantly and tend to have amazing in depth conversations. They can have trouble understanding the feelings and needs of an INFJ though, and tend to not be very emotionally passionate, so I wouldn't say they're good romantic partners for INFJs.

I find ENFPs most attractive. They are exciting, outgoing, spontaneous, and can share the same romantic passion. They can be a little intense though and may not understand when an INFJ needs time alone.

I think ENTPs are perfect for INFJs. They're similar to ENFPs but are a little more logical in their decision making and are usually more stable, which is helpful for an anxious INFJ.

• July 6, 2015 9:57:27 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

Not INFJ, but INFJs are definitely one of my favs. The last 3 head over heels crushes I've had were all on INFJs, my friends call it the chain-crush, lmao. Just so much to learn and so much to offer as people, and I find that really great. Please continue being amazing people, thank you.

• July 20, 2015 4:21:51 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Favorite MBTI type?

My favourites are ENTPs, INTPs, and INTJs.

I've mostly dated INTJs in my life but those relationships always crash and burn due to me getting extremely upset about something and them not being able to talk it out with me. Personal crisis/them holing themselves up. Could probably use some development on both sides.

ENTPS feel magical to me, but they're not as in touch with their emotions as I'd like.

Currently dating an ENTJ (first one ever) and our conversations are sincerely great and he makes me laugh non-stop with his dark sense of humour and ability to see the world in bigger picture form and also super accurately. We'll see how we do on the communication front.

• February 1, 2016 1:59:06 PM PST
    • Favorite MBTI type?

ENTPs make me swoon.
      I'm big on T types, I even went so far as to date an ISTP once.
      NFs are awesome, but other than ENFJs, I am rarely attracted to F types.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel