Forums General Topics Science & Technology
  • Topic: Project Evolove's Population Breakdown: Instinct vs. MBTI

Back To Topics
    • October 12, 2012 6:02:34 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Project Evolove's Population Breakdown: Instinct vs. MBTI

I was curious how instincts and MTBI interacted. The attached image shows where the current population lies. Enjoy.

• October 13, 2012 1:08:35 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Nice ;)
      The types seem to be quite balanced. The large difference is in the instincts.

• October 13, 2012 9:44:28 AM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Thanks.

I don't know much about MBTI and this is the first time I've come across instincts so I have no idea what any of this means. Still, I found a few things interesting about how the numbers were spread out.

First off, our romantics and rationals are well represented but compared to general population, we're still missing a lot of our guardians and creators. Like Fuzzyslug mentioned in the original population breakdown: INFJ: [9.39% currently] -lolwut? (Thanks for the inspiration!)

Ya, the numbers on the instincts do have a decent spread. There's a lot going on there. Some types (ISTP, ESFJ) have a really strong preference toward a single instinct. Other types (INTJ, INFJ) have significant populations in multiple instincts. It would be nice to know more about instincts and why that variation exists.

Some instincts are more popular than others. Most types have strong numbers in Secure/Sexual. Sexual/Secure is another favorite. Secure/Social and Social/Secure have only a few types that favor them, their numbers will likely stay low compared to the others. I think the numbers will even out a little more for them when we get more guardians and creators. That is to say I think the % for Secure/Social and Social/Secure will climb a bit more. Speaking of climbing, the Secure/Sexuals seem poised to clear 30% of the population, could reach a third or more. Who knows?

I'll probably do this again when we come out of beta to see how things are shaping up.

This post was edited by Rift Zone at November 6, 2013 11:07:20 AM PST
    • February 6, 2014 5:10:23 AM PST
      • Thanks
      • Rep

Rift Zone said:
      Thanks. I don't know much about MBTI and this is the first time I've come across instincts so I have no idea what any of this means. Still, I found a few things interesting about how the numbers were spread out. First off, our romantics and rationals are well represented but compared to general population, we're still missing a lot of our guardians and creators. Like Fuzzyslug mentioned in the original population breakdown: INFJ: [9.39% currently] -lolwut? (Thanks for the inspiration!) Ya, the numbers on the instincts do have a decent spread. There's a lot going on there. Some types (ISTP, ESFJ) have a really strong preference toward a single instinct. Other types (INTJ, INFJ) have significant populations in multiple instincts. It would be nice to know more about instincts and why that variation exists. Some instincts are more popular than others. Most types have strong numbers in Secure/Sexual. Sexual/Secure is another favorite. Secure/Social and Social/Secure have only a few types that favor them, their numbers will likely stay low compared to the others. I think the numbers will even out a little more for them when we get more guardians and creators. That is to say I think the % for Secure/Social and Social/Secure will climb a bit more. Speaking of climbing, the Secure/Sexuals seem poised to clear 30% of the population, could reach a third or more. Who knows? I'll probably do this again when we come out of beta to see how things are shaping up.

Amen (Or call it however you want). It'd be interesting to make a study on the interactions but it would be much more exhaustive and I don't know if the private data like friends or post replies can be accessed easily (In of course an Anonymous way). But as said in your post the larger the data, the better the results. If we could just possible analyze a Framework in between the interactions (Instincts + MBTI) it would be awesome. I'm an ENFP so I'm just saying but would be interested in that kind of projects.. I have a statistical background but I'm not sure I could do that on my own. Data extraction seems really difficult. Hope to hear from you soon. PS: Excuse my French, but I forgot if that post was 2 years old...

• February 20, 2014 1:40:55 PM PST
    • Project Evolove's Population Breakdown: Instinct vs. MBTI

TheFrenchCoq said:
      Rift Zone said:
      Thanks. I don't know much about MBTI and this is the first time I've come across instincts so I have no idea what any of this means. Still, I found a few things interesting about how the numbers were spread out. First off, our romantics and rationals are well represented but compared to general population, we're still missing a lot of our guardians and creators. Like Fuzzyslug mentioned in the original population breakdown: INFJ: [9.39% currently] -lolwut? (Thanks for the inspiration!) Ya, the numbers on the instincts do have a decent spread. There's a lot going on there. Some types (ISTP, ESFJ) have a really strong preference toward a single instinct. Other types (INTJ, INFJ) have significant populations in multiple instincts. It would be nice to know more about instincts and why that variation exists. Some instincts are more popular than others. Most types have strong numbers in Secure/Sexual. Sexual/Secure is another favorite. Secure/Social and Social/Secure have only a few types that favor them, their numbers will likely stay low compared to the others. I think the numbers will even out a little more for them when we get more guardians and creators. That is to say I think the % for Secure/Social and Social/Secure will climb a bit more. Speaking of climbing, the Secure/Sexuals seem poised to clear 30% of the population, could reach a third or more. Who knows? I'll probably do this again when we come out of beta to see how things are shaping up.

Amen (Or call it however you want). It'd be interesting to make a study on the interactions but it would be much more exhaustive and I don't know if the private data like friends or post replies can be accessed easily (In of course an Anonymous way). But as said in your post the larger the data, the better the results. If we could just possible analyze a Framework in between the interactions (Instincts + MBTI) it would be awesome. I'm an ENFP so I'm just saying but would be interested in that kind of projects.. I have a statistical background but I'm not sure I could do that on my own. Data extraction seems really difficult. Hope to hear from you soon. PS: Excuse my French, but I forgot if that post was 2 years old...

I agree; it would be fun to run the numbers. Of course, we'd have to throw life experience ("nurture", not just "nature) in the mix, but I don't know how we'd go about quantifying/qualifying that.

• March 13, 2014 8:28:06 PM PDT
      • Thanks
      • Rep

I don't buy into the "instinct" personality theory.

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel